About Union Ministry
- The Ministry of Women, Youth and Children Affairs (MOWYCA) is the first government ministry of its kind established in Myanmar. MOWYCA was created during the 2021 Myanmar Spring Revolution to represent women, young people and children, and to protect their safety and freedom. The Myanmar Army Junta led State Administration Council (SAC) continuously perpetrates atrocities against the nation’s people. These include, but are not limited to unlawful arrests, imprisonment under false charges and the perpetration of physical, sexual and deadly violence against women, children and students.
- MOWYCA pledges to protect the justice, safety and freedom of ethnic groups, women, young people and children in Myanmar.
“Our Ministry shall protect and fulfill the rights of women, young people and children. In doing so, we shall set specific policies and work together with relevant organizations, networks, and individuals to address the problems they face and to meet their needs.”
A people-led, holistically developed Federal Union of Myanmar in which all women, young people and children can enjoy equality of opportunity and a prosperous, secure life.
- To respect the rights of Women, Youth and Children
- To uphold humanitarian principles
- To apply Federal Democratic Standards
- To protect women, young people, and children from human rights violations, and to ensure their enjoyment of human rights throughout this period of transition.
- To provide for the safety, basic needs and survival of women, young people, and children.
- To promote women, young people, and children’s meaningful participation in the building of a federal democratic nation.