September 18, 2022
1. On September 16, 2022, six children were killed and many were injured because of a military terrorist airstrike on a self-supporting school of local residents in Lat Yat Kone village, Tabayin township, Sagaing region.
2. Following the airstrike, ground troops of military terrorist arrested approximately 20 students and teachers who were trapped in the school, including the injured children, and sent them to Ye Oo township.
3. Ministry of Human Rights, Ministry of Education and Ministry of Women, Youths and Children Affairs of the National Unity Government strongly condemn the targeted attacks on the schools, which is an inhuman and brutal war crime. The arrested children and teachers need to be released without any harms.
4. The National Unity Government has been meticulously documenting the serious human rights violations and maintaining its consistent effort to bring justice in various ways.
5. The international community has responsibility to support the effort of bringing justice for war crimes, such as gross violations of children’s “Right to Education” and heinous targeted attacks on schools.
Ministry of Education, Ministry of Women, Youths and Children Affairs and Ministry of Human Rights of the National Unity Government